Monday, July 12, 2010

San Diego (Day 4): Hike & Del Mar Beach

After spending a couple of hours at Midway, both my brothers and their families went sailing (it is actually a really cool story about how they ended up going sailing), so we decided to go on a quick hike. There were a bunch of hiking/biking trails around where we were staying. My dad is huge hiker so we decided to check it out.

Sammy scraped his knee pretty early on so that was quite traumatic.

Or should I say "dramatic"?

Austin is our climber. He has given me a dozen heart attacks the way he jumps around on rocks and CLIFFS!!!

Almost there.


Waterfall? Really? More like a creek, but it was still beautiful.

I just had another heart attack. Over the edge of that rock is nothing but a 15 foot drop into a bunch of rocks.

Sammy and I safely climbing up the rocks.

My dad.

Sammy and Jim.

Tommy ready to head back.
Day 4 Hike: I wasn't too excited about the hike, but I am so glad I went. It was beautiful and it made me feel better about that whole bag of kettle corn I ate the day before. The kids burned off some energy and it was fun to walk through the perserve.
We were leaving the next day, so after cooking a quick dinner we decided to make another quick trip to Del Mar Beach before it got dark.

Still cloudy, but the boys didn't care.

Sarah and I bundled up in beach towels.

Tommy and Austin both did a great job body surfing. It was fun to watch them ride the waves all the way in.

Sammy looking for sea shells.
Sarah found some sea shells.
Day 4 Del Mar Beach: Great way to wrap up our trip.

No comments: