Thursday, July 29, 2010

LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY!!!


About three months ago, I started P90X with two of my friends.  This morning we did Yoga X and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE (at least as far as I can remember) I did a back bend. 

So I when I got home, the first thing I said: "Jim, get the camera.  Watch this." I was so excited to show him because I was showing him my pitiful attempts a few weeks earlier and then all my kids have started doing backbends and reminding me that I can't do one.

I know it isn't pretty but the fact that I even got up is a miracle and makes me realize that I have come along way in three months.  I think the area I have improved in the most is my flexibility; I have become a believer in yoga.  It has helped me so much in my running.

Sidenote:  If you look closely you can see scrapes on my leg and elbow.  Monday morning, I was minding my own business trying to get my 6-mile run in before meeting up with my friends to do P90X.  At mile 4, I tripped over a wire on the side of the road.  #!?#$$#!! wire. To make matters worse they were in the middle of repaving the road so it was extra rough as they were getting it prepared for a new layer.  To make matters even worse than that I had just passed this guy and I was feeling pretty good about myself and I know he saw me tumble!  Nothing humbles you like road rash.  

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

You Rock Jenny! I like how you casually said " I was trying to get my 6 mile run in before doing P90X." Both of those are huge deals, I'm impressed you do them both in one day.

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Wear your road rage like a badge of honor, Jenny! :) I am uber impressed with your bendyness!!!

kathee said...

whoo Jenny!!

Jandee said...

Hey Jenny, I pretty much took the summer off of blogging, just getting around to checking out the up dates on everyone. . .nice form on the back bend!! P90X is fun to mix things up, but still hard, and even though it is hard since I have ran for so long I feel like I need to run to get a workout in. weird I know. Anyway how is the training for the St. Goerge marathon going (you made it in right) good luck. btw I just made my blog private can't remember if I had your email to invite you if I did great if I didnt send me an email so I can invite you jandeea@hotmail.com