It only took 3 minutes for us to decide we needed a stroller for Sarah. The first ride we went on was Ghost Rider. It was a huge roller coaster. The line took about an hour (bummer). Tommy, Austin, Sammy and I rode it. Very intense. Tommy and Austin LOVED it! Sammy was not really liking roller coasters after that ride...again, I wish I had a camera to take a picture of his face. We probably should have eased him in with a little tamer ride. After that ride Jim, Tommy, and Austin went to ride The Pony Express. Sammy didn't want to ride it so he went on a nice, calm train ride with Sarah and I.
Tommy and Austin found reptiles and other icky creatures. It doesn't matter where we go, they always seem to find similar creatures.
Scorpions!!! My worst nightmare! Good thing I was off enjoying my train ride. I would have probably had the same face as Sammy after The Ghost Rider.
Cockroaches!! Double Yuck!! Again, I'm glad I'm on the train getting harassed by cowboys.
After the train ride, we were able to talk Sammy into The Pony Express. It was actually a pretty fun roller coaster where you sat on horses.
After that, it was time for lunch. Tommy loved the FOOT LONG HOT DOG and Austin had a MONSTER BURGER. So far we had spent most of the morning standing in lines (there were lots of day camps at the park).
Tommy on the Big Foot Rapids.
Austin ready to get soaked.
Sammy and I. Sammy is hoping for a nice calm ride. I was hoping to not get wet. Sammy like the ride, but I got wet. At this point, Jim and the older boys went to ride some big rides and Sarah, Sammy, and I went to the kiddie rides. I had the camera so most of the pictures are of Sammy and Sarah.
Sammy on the frog hopper.
Sammy and Sarah both needed some treats, so we got icies and big bag of kettle corn. The kettle corn was really for me. I think I pretty much ate the whole bag by myself.
Bouncey time.
Before we left on the trip we gave each of the kids $20 to buy souvenirs, but also for us to have something to take away if they misbehaved. Sammy decided to use some of his money to buy this horse. The kid has a love for stuffed animals.
Sarah and Sammy on the truck ride.
Tommy on his way up Splash Mountain. Sarah and I were sitting behind him. I wish we would have gone on this ride again. Sarah really enjoyed it and it was really the only "big" ride she could ride on.
By late afternoon, the crowd was clearing out. I think most of the day camps had left. The kids took multiple trips on the Sombero Cups.
This is a ride that I have never liked. The boys went on it by themselves. They are in the middle seat facing forward.
Last ride of the night! Sammy and I already went on the ride, now it was Tommy and Austin's turn to go upside down and flip and turn.
We slowly made our way out of the park. The kids wanted to stop and look at a million different things. On our way out of the park, we stopped and ate at Mrs. Knott's restuarant and had the famous fried chicken.
Day 3: Success!!! Tons of fun, even with an earthquake. I didn't actually feel the earthquake because there was so much action and noise going on around us, but they did shut all the rides down for 30 minutes or so.
1 comment:
What good times at the Knott's! :) And such cheeky cowboys on the train ride- classic! :) Camp Snoopy was the favorite of my 4 year old, and 45 year old for that matter, but maybe in a few years she'll be up for trying some of the fun rides your boys enjoyed!!!
Post a Comment