Wednesday, April 13, 2011
CENTRAL PARK
I had plan on running Tuesday and Thursday in Central Park. Tuesday morning, I was exhausted so I opted out. Wednesday, I was still tired, but I knew I needed to do something to work off all the food I had been eating. My dad and Zane were the only two brave enough to join me. As we were looking at the Central Park map, a man came up to us and asked if we needed help. Turns out he is 90 years old and he ran in the New York Marathon last fall. So I asked if I could get a picture with him.
Jon Mendes, the oldest finisher of the 2010 New York Marathon.
Zane and I running through Central Park.
GRAYLINE BUS TOUR
Today we decided to take a Grayline Bus Tour. My dad and Zane were the only two brave enough to sit out in the rain and cold.
9/11 MEMORIAL SITE
This is the church across from the Twin Towers. It is where all the volunteers would rest.
This is an actual bench that the firemen would rest on. It is all scratched up because they were too exhausted to take off their gear.
There was such a powerful spirit in the church. You could feel the love and sacrifice freely given by so many. A definite highlight of the trip.
"Dedicated to those who fell and to those who carry on."
WALL STREET
Jim and I with the bull.
Apparently, a year of financial fortune comes to those who touch the bronze balls. Go Jim!
I couldn't resist getting a picture in front of this building.
BROOKLYN LOOP
After Wall Street, we hopped back on the Grayline for the Brooklyn Loop.
Our tour guide told us this was the best pizza in Brooklyn. I had a slice and I didn't think it was that great.
CHINA TOWN
Late lunch/early dinner at Wo Hop. Extremly tasty Chinese food. After that we walked around, did a little shopping.
Sadly, we did not get anything at Tiffany & Co, although Denise and I both really wanted to.
FAO Schwartz Toy Store
We didn't get to spend much time in here because it was closing time. They close at 7pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment