Early Sunday morning (4:20am), we left for Sky Harbor Airport (thank you, Dan, for taking us).
After a 4-hour flight we arrived in Newark, NJ.
After a 40-minute drive we arrived at our historic hotel.
The Waldorf-Astoria
Shortly after we got there, we hit the streets and started walking. My dad join us on this trip, which was wonderful!
To add even more fun, our good friends - Zane and Denise - met up with us in New York. In fact, Zane with his military discount got us a screaming deal at the Waldorf-Astoria.
Times Square (oh, the things you see on Times Square...)
For dinner we hit the Carnegie Deli. We heard that it was pricey and over rated, but I couldn't resist! The sandwhich was huge...the cheesecake was well worth it.
This is half of a half of a sandwhich. I had to smoosh it down just to get it in my mouth.
Jim and I in front of the ice skating ring at Rockafeller Center. I really wanted to go ice skating, but I'm not very good on skates and I didn't want to hurt myself before Boston.
1 comment:
What a great adventure, and it's only Day 1!!! You live an awesomely well-deserved life, my friend,!
Post a Comment