June 9th & June 30th
Jim and I celebrated our birthdays in style this year - we went to swim meets. The boys were only able to participate in two swim meets this summer due to our busy schedule. Both the swim meets we were able to attend also happened to be on my birthday (June 9) and Jim's birthday (June 30).
Austin, Tommy, and Sammy
All three showed marked improvement (especially Sammy). Tommy and Austin insist that they HATE swim team so this is probably their last year, but (one) I believe swimming is an essential life skill in which everyone should be proficient, and (two) I also believe that it is important to stay active and during the Arizona summers swimming is basically the only practical activity due to the extreme heat, and finally (three) I believe that it is important to do things that you don't "like" to do because there are lots of things in life that are not fun to do but you should still do them. Okay, well that's my soapbox...and that is basically the lecture Tommy and Austin got every morning on the way to swim practice. Even though they resisted, they still did well and showed improvment. I'm proud of them for sticking to it and finishing out the season.
Sammy seemed to really enjoy swim team so he had a lot of fun.
Austin
Tommy
Tommy & Austin
Sammy
Sammy - pure joy!
Tommy
Tommy
Austin
Sammy
Austin
No comments:
Post a Comment