Fast Forward to the next morning - I was getting ready to go to the store and realized I missing my wallet. Couldn't find it anywhere. Assumed that I threw it in the garbage as I was cleaning out my car after the Arizona Science Museum. Trash pick up was that morning so there was no way to check.
Soooo...I still needed to go to the store so I drove to Jim's work got his debit card went to the ATM and got cash. As I was shopping I decided that I just needed to pray and make the best of it. I decided to wait until the next day to cancel credit cards, etc. in hopes it would show up.
So I prayed, I asked my kids to pray, I asked my parents to pray, I asked my friends to pray that I could find my wallet. I was very confident my wallet would show up.
Fast forward - the next morning, still no wallet. Frankly I'm a little shocked that it hadn't turned up. I had continued looking for it and I was praying...others were praying. I was totally confident that my prayers would be answered and they weren't. So I began the dreaded work of cancelling my credit cards and getting a new drivers license and I still continued to pray that my wallet would show up because there were a lot of other things in my wallet that would be very difficult to replace.
Last Friday, the miracle occurred. It was before 9am and the phone rang. Caller ID said Anonymous, which usually means telemarketer. I was slightly annoyed they were calling before 9am, so I decided to answer it and ask why they were calling so early. I use to be a telemarketer so I try to be nice but it is still annoying.
The man asks for "Jeanette" which again is a giveaway that this is a telemarketer because nobody calls me by my real name. Then he explains he is a security officer at the Phoenix Convention Center and he has my wallet. The Phoenix Convention Center is across the street from the Arizona Science Museum, so I'm not sure what exactly happened with my wallet during those 10 days but I'm guessing it was found in the parking garage.
So obviously I'm ecstatic that my wallet was found. Everything seems to be there...I think I may have had more cash in there than $1, but I know I didn't have more than $10. I immediately say a prayer of thanks. I learned so much over the week. When I began the process I really believed I would find the wallet that day, but when I didn't I didn't lose faith. I knew that my Heavenly Father loves me; He knew it was important to me regardless of how insignificant. I also knew there was a possibility that it would never show up and I was okay with that, because I knew there were other lessons to be learned. I learned that I shouldn't keep my social security card and the social security cards of all my children in my wallet. I learned that I should make a list of what is in my wallet so it is easier to replace what needs to be replaced. I know these are things that I've been told before but I thought "it will never happen to me..." Maybe the lesson was to be better prepare for some future event - flood, earthquake, fire - where I need to have my "stuff" in order. Being prepared brings peace.
Most importantly, I humbled myself. Sometimes I think it is hard to pray about a lost item, especially when you think in the whole scheme of things it really isn't that important, but I know that Heavenly Father loves us. He knows what is important to us and He also knows the lessons we need to learn. I'm thankful for prayer. I'm thankful to have a way to communicate with my Heavenly Father and share my hopes, my fears, my joys, my sorrows, to have someone that loves unconditionally and is always there. Prayer is Powerful!
3 comments:
What a great experience! I love that you were able to include your friends and family (especially your kids) in your faith and testimony building. Love it = )
Thank you for sharing your testimony of the power of prayer and this faith promoting experience!
You are an amazing person Jenny. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment