RAGNAR DEL SOL
February 25-26, 2011
Over the weekend I participated in the Ragnar Del Sol - 2 vans, 12 runners, 200 miles - Wickenburg to Tempe.
D.C.S. Trailburners
VAN 2 Members
Me, Amy, Leon, Chester, Zane, Kris
Runner 7
Total I had 11 kills. Kills are when you pass someone. One guy passed me...I tried to catch back up but he was way too fast for me. As a team we had over 30 kills, but I think we would have had more if we hadn't been one of the first teams. Most of the time there was only one other team ahead of us....we started pretty early so teams that started later happened to finish after us but they finished in less amount of time (make sense?)
My Teammates
Chester (Leon's Dad), runner #8
Zane (Sammy's soccer coach), runner #9
Leon (the stud), runner #10
Kris (Leon's gym buddy; great runner; super nice), runner #11
Amy (Leon's wife), runner #12
Runners 1-6 were in the other van and they were all really fast runners and all seemed to be related to Leon and Amy somehow or another.
At 3:30AM, we had a 5 hour break while van 1 was running. We tried to get some sleep in the wrestling room at Fountain Hills High School. The big open space on the left side of the picture is where Chester, Leon, Amy and I were sleeping only moments before. I couldn't resist taking a picture before we left.
This is right before my last leg. Here are my splits:
Leg 7 - 4.5 miles, 7:50 pace
Leg 19 - 5 miles, 7:38 pace
Leg 31 - 3.5 miles, 8:01 pace (tough leg...lots of big hills)
Amy and Leon
WE DID IT!!!
D.C.S. Trailburners, Team #88
Place Overall: 78th (out of 306)
Place Division: 26th (out of 141)
Total Time: 28:45:16
Me and the Ragnar Van
The La Loma participants - me, Leon, Amy, and Zane.
Super fun race! Will definitely do again. Thank you Leon and Amy for letting me in on all the fun.
6 comments:
You are absolutely amazing, Jenny!!!
Nice tat Jenny!
:) Okay that was me! Forgot to sign Zane out! Glad you guys had such a great time! He can't wait for next year!
very cool!!!
You rock!!
great job you guys! A bunch of people from our new ward were doing that race too! one guy even had the Ragnar symbol shaved in his hair! I like that tattoo better! miss you guys!
Post a Comment