FAMILY CHALLENGE:
Build a Fire with Natural Surroundings (and a couple of matches)
So Monday night, we split into two groups. Each group got 5 matches and we had to start a sustainable fire with natural items in our backyard. Fortunately, there were a lot of dead leaves and little sticks around. Unfortunately, it rained on Sunday so everything wasn't completely dry.
Tommy striking a match.
Austin urging his fire along.
Both groups got a sustainable fire going...I would go with each group in the wilderness (as long as we had a few matches).
FAMILY BIKE RIDE
After the fire challenge, we decided to go on a little family bike ride. One of Austin's birthday presents was his bike. He got it a few weeks ago and has been riding it. It is a pretty cool bike. I got it off of Craigslist.
Sammy's also got a new bike (craigslist) for his upcoming birthday. He got his early as well. The boys ride their bikes to school everyday. Austin's kept having problems and Sammy's was too small..
Sarah riding the bike she got for her 3rd birthday. We ended up going on a mile and a half bike ride. Sarah was a trooper on her little bike. I think we will be going on more bike rides while the weather is nice.
There's no picture, but I am riding a bike I got for Valentine's Day. It is AWESOME!!! It is a street bike and it goes so fast it scares me a little. As soon as I finish my marathon, I am going to start training for a triathlon.
2 comments:
Such great family activities! Can't wait to see pics of your bike, too! I'm so sincerely proud of you running the upcoming marathon- not to mention training for a future triathlon- You rock, Jenny Roberts!!!
Pumpkinman Tri, Lake Mead October 15th, Laurel and I are already planning our attack. What kind of bike did you get?
Post a Comment