Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011 Ensemble

Last Saturday (2/12), Tommy and Austin performed in the 59th Annual PMTA Piano Ensemble Concert.  The Ensemble consists of over 400 participants.  Basically there are 13 pianos on the stage and each piano has two people and they all play the same duet...they do this for all different age and ability levels. It is quite amazing. Tommy and Austin both did a marvelous job.

Austin practicing his song, "Rise and Shine" before we left.  This is Austin first time performing in the Ensemble.

Tommy practicing his song, "Star Gazing" before we left.  This will be Tommy's third year performing in the Ensemble.  After you do it four years, they give you a trophy.

Tommy and Austin ended up playing on the same piano.

While we were at home we recorded the boys playing their songs. 
Tommy playing his song one last time before we left. It is a beautiful song, but it sounds even better with the other part.  Tommy has surpassed my playing ability so I was not able to play the other part to help him practice.

Austin and I practicing before we left.  Even Austin is closing in on me.  If you hear any mistakes in the video it is probably me.

This is Tommy with his partner Cody.  Austin's partner was Cody's brother, but I was unable to find them together after the performance to get a picture.


Grandma, Ladd, and Great Grandma came down to watch Tommy and Austin as well.

Tommy and Austin both told me they want to do it again next year.  It is a lot of work, but it is well worth it.

 

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Such talented young men! Love it, love you!

Tatum said...

It's so great to see your boys in Piano! We ate, slept and breathed piano at my house growing up and I really want to put my boys in Piano too. But David thinks it's a little girlie and that they won't like it.

But Your boys are the most rough and tough, sports playing snake owning, dirt loving boys and they play! I can't wait to tell David!!!


PS Did you see my mom there? she helps somewhat with this every yearand was there all day Friday and Saturday.

You are such a great mom and person I love ready your blog!

Jenny Roberts said...

Tatum, I did see your mom, but only from a distance. We never got close enough to say hi.

Piano is wonderful, especially for boys! My boys give me a little grief now and then but for the most part they enjoy piano and they love showing off for their friends. It is a wonderful ability to have.