Austin's 4th grade class has been very busy the past month or so. They have been on three field trips.
White Tanks Mountain
March 14, 2012
Over Spring Break, the 4th grade social committe at the school sponsored a hike. We had a parent who works for the forest service and she was our guide. She did an amazing job talking about the plant and animal habitat in the desert. She even brought bonoculars for all the kids.
Austin's take a little break. He pushed it pretty good staying up at the front with the guide.
Sarah did great on the hike. It was pretty hot...but she hung in there.
After the hike, we went to a playground area and had a picnic.
Estrella Wars
March 29, 2012
Estrella Wars was actually out in Queen Creek. I guess Estrella Mountain Park use to host this event, but they changed locations...but they still call it Estrella Wars. It is kind of a Medieval/Renaissance type event. People dressed up and do Medieval & Renaissance-y stuff.
Cameron, Austin, and Jake were three of the boys in my group.
This guy is good! Every one at the event is a volunteer. They actually camp out at the site and spend a week competing in war games (or even doing crafts or anything relating to that time period).
Austin hold the sword of rapier.
They performed a little duel for us.
Austin with one of the heavy metal duelers. Austin was super excited because he got to buy a wooden sword with his money.
Our group:
Cameron, Austin, Clint, Jacob
Arizona State Capitol
April 12, 2012
Today Austin's class went to the Arizona State Capitol building. I wasn't able to go because they could only take two parents and since I went on the other one I was disqualified...bummer (well, not really cause it was nice being home).
I'm excited to hear all about their visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment