Friday, August 12, 2011

Splash-N-Dash - Luke Air Force Base

Splash-N-Dash
Luke Air Force Base
400 meter swim/5k run
August 6, 2011

Me & Becca
Last Saturday, a bunch of us participated in a splash-n-dash at Luke Air Force Base.  There were 18 people total that participated (half of them were in our group).  The race was a lot of fun.  The Amazing Becca took 1st place out of the womem, smoking everyone by a long shot.  She is fast as fast can be.  I took 2nd.  Hooray for me!!!  As an added bonus, the prize for the top 3 male and female participants was a free enterance into the upcoming sprint triathlon at Luke Air Force Base.

The highlights for me:
My swim is becoming respectable.  I think I'm no longer really, really slow, I've moved up to the "slower end of the average" time for swimmers. 
My run felt pretty good, especially considering that I haven't really been pushing myself run wise since Boston.  I probably need to start doing interval training because I noticed I had lost some speed.
My friends!!!  Allyson, Gayla, Diana, and Becca - I had a blast!!! All of you amaze me.  Keep up the hard work.

More pictures -
Allyson, Becca, Me, Diana, Marty, Gayla, Shannon, Chris

Becca & I

Me

Me

Running in past the jets.

Finish line!



1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Way to go, Jenny!!! What an awesome experience, and even better that you were able to share it with friends!