Monday, August 8, 2011

Lake Havasu and a little Plunge-N-Run practice

Lake Havasu
July 29, 2011

Sydnie, Austin, Tommy, Maylee, Logan, Sammy, Max, Sarah

On our way back from St. George, we stopped in Lake Havasu City to visit with our good friends, Brooke & Tim & family.  Saturday morning, Brooke and I swam/ran the course for the Plunge-N-Run end of August.  It is a mile swim and six mile trail run.  I was super excited because I completed the swim (without my wetsuit).  I was pretty slow, but at least I know I can make the distance.  Brooke is a fast swimmer so she waited for me to finish the swim, then we set off on our six mile run.  This is no ordinary course it is very difficult, so it took us awhile...but again, at least I know what I have to look forward to for the upcoming Plune-N-Run.

Before our family headed out we took the kids to a beach at Lake Havasu and let them play in the water.  They had a blast.  The boys collected a zip lock bag full of shells.  Sarah collected a bunch too.  The kids could see little minnows in the water so they were trying to catch them, but they weren't very successful with their splashing and diving and stirring up all the mud so you couldn't see anything. 

The boys were very serious about their shell collecting.

Sarah loved swimming around in the lake.  She's a fish.

My very supportive husband - Jim.

Brooke's very supportive husband - Tim.


1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

:) What great athletic supporters you gals have!