On October 19th, Sammy had his first appointment with Dr. Chou. He also got his first hard cast. He picked his favorite color, green. I felt sick watching the cast be put on. I could have never handled the ER.
Last Tuesday (Oct. 26th), Sammy had a check-up appointment with Dr. Chou to make sure everything was healing properly. Dr. Chou was concerned it would slip since there was nothing to support the bones (and because the ER didn't get it quite lined up properly). We were hoping it would self correct, but it didn't so Sammy was scheduled for surgery the next day.
Last Wednesday (Oct. 27th), Sammy had surgery to place two pins in his arm to hold the bones in place.
He came home with a purple cast. I guess the anesthesiologist paid Sammy $1 to let him put on a gas mask on Sammy. He also came home with a yellow pair of hospital socks to match the blue ones he got from the ER.
He has another check up in two weeks. Hopefully there are no more setbacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment