Last Saturday, we played our final game.
I was so fortunate to get to be the coach of this awesome group of kids.
Sammy had a fun time playing in the first two games of the season.
A week before his third game of the season, he broke his arm so he was regulated to the bench. He would usually color to keep himself occupied. He always seemed to have another kid helping him.
I loved my team! The kids were amazing.
Kyra - dribbling, shooting, rebounding, defense - this girl does it all. Half of my dynamic duo.
Ava - other half of my dynamic duo. Excellent shot. She's a gamer.
Brennan - great passer, great dribbler, great shooter, very unselfish.
Yamill - always has a smile on his face.
Brian - natural athlete, very tough. Brian skinned his knee three times in one practice and kept on going.
Sammy - very good at dribbling with his left hand now. He even made a layup with his left hand the other day. Sometimes broken arms are blessings in disguise.
Zach - amazing shot! Once he gained a little confidence he couldn't miss.
Kade - my ray of sunshine. Kade is the happiest kid. He can always make me smile. He spent a lot of time on the floor diving for balls. Kade was the youngest kid on the team and he improved a lot. He is so close to being able to hit the rim when he shoots (don't worry, Kade, just keep using good form and the strength will come as you get a little older). Had a tough time dribbling at the beginning of the season now he can dribble with either hand like a pro.
RED DRAGONS RULE!!!
p.s. I forgot to get a picture, but I need to give a shout out to my assistant coach, Zane (Zachery's dad). One of the reasons we made so much progess is because he was there EVERY practice (even I missed one) so we were able to split the kids up and give them more repitition. Thank you!
p.s. I forgot to get a picture, but I need to give a shout out to my assistant coach, Zane (Zachery's dad). One of the reasons we made so much progess is because he was there EVERY practice (even I missed one) so we were able to split the kids up and give them more repitition. Thank you!
2 comments:
You were an awesome Coach, Coach Jenny! Love ya girlie!
Oh, and I almost forgot, I may need to steal some of these cute pictures!
Post a Comment