(So I've been a little bit of a blogging funk ever since my hard drive crashed in July. I am slowly digging myself out of the pit of dispair from all the pictures I lost. I decided it was time to catch back up and add more pictures than ever because due to BLOGGER at least I have a few pictures from the first half of the year).
Lake Havasu Trip
August 17-18, 2012
Sometimes it is just nice to get away, so away we went to visit our good friends the Vetter's. What was even better was that we piled into the 15-passanger van of our other good friends the Bickham's.
On the drive to Havasu, there was a major downpour. Fortunately, we were all safe inside the 4-wheel, 15-passanger van. There were several spots on the road that we would not have cleared had we been in our van, but the van with the high clearance made it through without a problem.
On Saturday morning, Brooke, Becca and I went to the lake to swim and run. Brooke was training for the plunge-n-run - 1 mile swim and 6 mile run.
After our training and a little breakfast, we headed out to the lake with all of the kids.
(Max, Syd, Tommy, Natalie, Trevor, Austin, Logan, Sammy, MayLee, Sarah, Hannah, Collin)
Syd & Sarah having fun with the noodles.
Sammy
Max & Tommy collected shells.
Family picture
Sammy
Jim & I
Austin sporting the cowboy boots.
After spending most of the day at the lake, the kids were exhausted. In no time at all half of them were asleep. Unfortunately, we had to wake them up because the fun was not over...we needed to head home, but first, RED ROBIN, YUMMMMM!
No comments:
Post a Comment