Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's that hanging on the door?

One day last week was a devestating day for Tommy (I think it was Wednesday).  It was feeding time for Venom I and Venom II, but Venom I was missing (again).  Venom I has escaped twice before.  The first time was shortly after Christmas.  He was gone for a week, then Tommy bought a new snake, Venom II, then the next day we found Venom I, which is why we have two snakes.  The second time was about a month ago, but Tommy found him right away down the hallway in a closet. 

Last week, Tommy was sure Venom I was gone FOREVER even though we reminded him that last time he found Venom I after he was missing for a week.  Jim and I were smart enough not to let him buy another snake. Could you imagine???

Let me set the scene:  It is Monday night.  The boys are all in bed (albeit probably not asleep).  Jim and I are relaxing watching "Pawn Stars" and laughing at Sarah being funny.  She really puts on the charm after the boys go to bed. Our dog, Rusty, wanted to go outside.  Sarah lets Rusty out.  Jim looks over as she is opening the door and WHAT THE HECK?  There is something hanging on the door!!


Is it a rope?  No it is Venom I. 


We yelled for Tommy to come downstairs and get it. 

He was pretty hungry after missing his meal last week. 

NOTICE TO ALL VISITORS:  Both snakes are now contained.  It is safe to enter our home (well, as safe as can be in a home with three rambuncious boys, one stubborn girl, two high-strung parents, a stinky dog, an extra stinky hamster, and two creepy snakes. 

I LOVE MY LIFE!

p.s. The pictures were all taken the next day, which is why you see sunlight.  I realized I needed to document this moment so we had Tommy and Venom I re-enact the scene.

p.s.s. Tommy was blessed to have his prayers answered once again by a loving Heavenly Father.  I am grateful that Tommy has had the opportunity to plead for his snakes (twice).  He is learning the power of prayer and it has been a great lesson, and having to pray, search, wait...pray, search, wait has been a good lesson in patience. 

9 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

So glad you found the snake before he found one of you! :) Love you, your fun family, Pawn Stars (and American Pickers!), and your stinky dog, too!

Jenny Roberts said...

What? Was the love for the snakes and hamster? Did you leave the snakes and the hamster out on purpose? Honestly, I can't blame you.

Jenny Roberts said...

I mean "Where's the love for the snakes and hamster..."

Jim said...

Clarification.....One high strung parent.....of the female variety, but we will leave out the name of course.

Anonymous said...

If Jenny is high strung I don't even want to think about what that makes me!
I was a little nervous the other day making caramel apples watching kendall army crawl around the floor as you explained that a snake had gone missing again.

mrs t said...

Oh my gosh. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew there was a snake loose in my house. The picture of the snake eating is CREEPY and might give me nightmares tonight. And I'm wondering how you can tell the difference between Venoms I & II?

Katy B. said...

Wow! I think you are one crazy cool mom for letting snakes in your home in the first place. :):)

BTW, I love pawn stars. Great show. :):)

Jenny Roberts said...

Venom I is albino and Venom II is red and orange.

kathee said...

Jenny you are the coolest mom ever, I would NEVER have snakes in my house.