Sunday, October 3, 2010

St George, UT - Prep Day

The big marathon weekend finally arrived!  Last Thursday, Jim and I drove to Mesquite, NV.  We decided to stay there because, one, we were a little slow to book a room in St. George and, two, staying in Mesquite saved us a lot of money!  The whole weekend in Mesquite cost about the same as ONE NIGHT in St. George over marathon weekend.

Brooke and Tim and their family arrived a little bit later that night.  Brooke ran in the St. George Marathon as well.  We shared a condo for the weekend and had a lot of fun hanging out.

Friday morning after dropping off Brooke and Tim's kids with grandma, we went to Kohl's so Tim could buy a white shirt.  We decided to go to the temple Friday morning (Brooke and I needed all the blessing we could get before the big run on Saturday).  Tim packed his suit but forgot a white shirt.  It worked out well though because I found some running clothes on the clearance rack.  I got two shirts and a pair of shorts for about $30...I saved over $60! 

Jim & I

Tim & Brooke

Brooke and I at the start line

After the temple, Brooke and I wanted to drive the course so we could have an idea of what we were facing the next morning.  

 The sign should read:  "The physical pain is temporary but very painful and you probably won't be able to walk very well, sit down very well or get up very well for a week."

Both of us are representing the Great State of Arizona.  There were participants from every state and quite a few countries. 

Our biggest fans! 

1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

You gals look just like sisters! :) Love you, your blog, and everything you do!!!