Monday, August 30, 2010

Here we go again...

Introducing the 2010-11 Mommy & Me Preschool
Bailey, Sarah, Haven, Jacob, and Marissa

Sarah

Haven

Bailey

Marissa

Our only boy, Jacob

Haven and Bailey enjoying some free time.

We kicked off the school year by talking about the Letter Aa.  Note to parents:  Have your children tell you what sound "A" makes and then have them sing you the "A song."

The A says "a"
The A says "a"
Every letter makes a sound
The A says "a"

Our number of the day was zero.  I think they got the concept of "0" down pretty well.  We worked on tracing our names.  I'm going out on a limb here, but I predict by the end of the year they will ALL be able to write their names.  We did a couple of pages out of our preschool workbooks.

For snack, we had apples and crackers.

Bailey showing off her masterpiece

FACT:  Musicians use both of sides of their brain more frequently that the average person.

THIS IS GONNA BE A FUN YEAR!!!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Was there any teaching going on or was it a photography session? I'm just sayin.....???????

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

LOVE THESE!!! I'm so glad they're all going to be preschool/nursery buddies. You are SO resourceful Jenny. Thanks for coming up with a "syllabus." You've thought of everything: field trips, teaching schedule, learning itinerary, songs, books, Ev. Rie. THING. You are amazing. Haven had SOOOO much fun today. Thanks so much.

Denise said...

Awesome! Love the pics! Now I have to live up to your awesome-ness. Better get my booty planning for Weds, my big day!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Such cute preschoolers!

Tiffany said...

Love it!! We are so excited to be back in Preschool!! Looks like they had fun:)

kathee said...

My eyes are burning from the cuteness of those kiddles!!!