Monday, August 9, 2010

The Best Day of the Year!

I love my kids, I really do!  But I have decided today is even better than Christmas.  Today is the first day of school!  Sammy started kindergarten today so he is joining the ranks of Tommy and Austin. 

Sammy is ready for school.

Austin has a new pose for the 2010-11 school year.

Tommy is wearing a shirt he got three years ago (seriously, I love him).

YEAH!!! I'm in kindergarten!!!

Tommy, Austin, Sammy, and I rode our bikes to the school.  As much as Tommy and Austin complained about school starting they sure took off fast.  Sammy and I counted to 100 as we rode to the school.

 
Sammy's kindergarten teacher is Ms. VanDeCar.  Yesterday Ms. VanDeCar called Sammy to see if he had any questions about school.  I think I'm going to like this teacher.

 
Austin's 3rd grade teacher is Ms. Cameron.  She already has her students hard at work.  I think I'm going to like this teacher as well.

Tommy's 5th grade teacher is Ms. Phillips, I already know I like her cause she was a long-term sub for Tommy's 2nd grade class.  Tommy, as a big 5th grader, is mortified that his mother came in to take a picture.  That is as good of a shot as I could get because he kept covering his head with his binder. 

Watch out!  Here we come!

p.s. In my defense I can honestly, truly, without a doubt say that my 2nd favorite day of the year is the Last Day of School!  It beats Christmas, Mother's Day, and even my birthday!

4 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

I'm already looking forward to the last day of school...Does that make me crazy?

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Your Back to School boys look so handsome! :) You're in good company as I know my mom felt so happy to sending all of us off to school, too!

kathee said...

Back to school is my least favorite day, I miss them so much. I can't believe Sammy and Kapree are kindergartners now, it's so crazy! Those boys of yours sure are cute!!

Katy B. said...

I'm so glad you like their teachers. Great teachers make a huge difference. I cannot wait till I only have one at home like you. Lucky duck! :):):)