Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Labors

On Labor Day, we went to work.  On top of all the regular maintenance for keeping our home running smoothly, we added a few more projects.

We planted our fall garden.  Jim revamped the irrigation system, because we felt the plants were getting enough water last year.  Also we had to add soil, etc.  This time we planted some strawberries, yellow squash, zuchinni, green onions, cilantro, tomato plants, and beans.

As I was folding laundry that morning I decided that I wanted hooks in our laundry room.  So after all the work in the yard and the garden, Jim put up a hook rack for me.  He's pretty wonderful like that. We have a broom closet in our kitchen that the boys have been throwing their backpacks and shoes in after school, but with all the kids having backpacks now it just wasn't working.

So now each kid has two hooks and a basket - the hooks for their backpack and a jacket (or scout shirt), the basket for shoes, basketballs, whatever.  Throughout the day if I find their stuff laying around I can throw it in their basket.  Also now that they are riding their bikes to school they walk through the laundry room to go out the 3rd garage.  Now they can pick their backpack up on the way out, and put it back on the way in and I don't have to see it in my kitchen (at least that would be the ideal situation, they still bring their backpacks into the kitchen but we are working on it).

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome! I wish I had a big laundry room for something like that!!!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

I am always inspired by your labors and know they will be well worth your efforts. Love it, love you!

Katy B. said...

I love it! So cute! :):):)