Monday, May 7, 2012

Havasu Half 2012

Havasu Half Marathon
April 14, 2012


For the third consecutive year, I ran in the Havasu Half Marathon with my longtime friend, Brooke.  This weekend was a little hectic with games, practices and recitals, so Jim stayed home with the kids to hold down the fort and fulfill all our different obligations while I got to hang out with some of my favorite people - the Vetters.

Saturday morning was a cold one.  It had rained during the night and it was very windy.  Before the race started I didn't dare to part with my long sleeve shirt, but after about 1/2 a mile I was wishing I would have not worn in.  

My results
Total time - 1:43:58
Pace - averaged a 7:58 mile
Overall - 75 out of 499
Female - 17 out of 285
Division (30-34) - 10 out of 66

PERSONAL BEST!!!

I was super happy with my time.  I think my previous PB was a 1:50:00 for a half marathon.  In Boston, I ran the first half of the marathon in 1:47:00, but I started out way too fast and crashed the second half.  I felt good pretty much the whole race and I think I paced myself well.  I didn't start out too fast, which I typically tend to do.  

Next race:  Ogden Marathon....maybe a 3:30:00 marathon...we'll see...


1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Way to go, Jenny! I'm so proud to know and love you!