Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Kings Basketball

Last Game of the Season
Saturday, November 12

Saturday marked the end of the King's basketball season.  Zane and I coached this awesome bunch of kids.  They did an outstanding job and showed amazing progress and development in a number of basketball skills.  By far, our team was the best passing team in the league.  We were the "fastbreak kings" always looking up the court for a teammate.

The Kings
Giovanni, Zach, Liam, Connor, Ava, Coach Zane, Me, Devin, Antonio, Luke, Sammy

Sammy did pretty darn good all season.  He stepped up his aggressiveness another notch and played great defense.

He also was pretty consistent on scoring one or two baskets a game.

He is a good dribbler.

Fastbreak time!

Me & Sammy

Sidenote - Sammy had me hold his trophy as we were getting in the car and I dropped it.  It broke into about 5 pieces.  He was so cute about it.  He was like, oh that's okay mom.  I asked him if he wanted another one and he said it was okay, but then I convinced him that it was okay for me to get him another one.  Sweet Sammy, good job! 

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Oh, what a sweetheart about his trophy! You've got such amazing kids, Jenny, truly!

Brea said...

Jenny, you are THE BEST coach!! Connor had so fun for this season! :) I really hope you decide to coach flag football in the Spring. ;)