Sunday, June 13, 2010

Aaaaa-aaaa-AAAA-aaaa

On Monday (6/7), the kids and I drove down to St. George. We love the Tuachan Theater in St. George and they were performing "Tarzan" this summer. Several months ago, we bought tickets for my parents and Jim's parents so we could all meet there and see the play. Then I found out about my family reunion, the half marathon, etc., so I decided to stay that whole week (Jim flew back to Phoenix after my run because someone has to work).

First I met up with my good friend Jolene and her kids. My dad also drove down and we spent the afternoon swimming at Jo's brothers house. That was a lot of fun, but I never took any pictures. After swimming for a couple of hours, it was time to check into our hotel. Jim, his mom, and Ladd (the newest addition to our family - Jim's mom got married a few weeks ago), and Grandma drove up to St. George together.

We had a couple of hours before we needed to be at the play, so we made a stop to the St. George Temple. One of Jim's great-great aunts (Jim's grandma's aunt) was a temple worker in St. George.

Sarah, Sammy, Austin, and Tommy sitting on the temple stairs. They engineered this whole pose. I'm so proud of them.

Grandma, Ladd, Gwena, Tommy, and Austin.

We still had time after the visitor's center, so we went to one of our favorite places in St. George. I don't even know the name, but it just beautiful. It is a great place for the kids to climb around.

Tommy

Austin

Sammy
"Tarzan" was excellent!!! I highly recommend it to anybody planning on going to St. George this summer. Although from what I heard it might be difficult getting tickets. Again, no pictures of our fun at Tuachan.
I am so grateful that I was able to spend over a week with my family in Utah. I miss not being closer. I'm so grateful to have great parents who totally spoiled us while we were visiting. I never cooked a meal or did the dishes. Thank you, mom! I know it was a lot of extra work for you. I appreciate my dad planning daily field trips to keep the kids entertained. I enjoyed getting to see most of my family. Nette & Joe, I miss you guys! I need to make a trip out to North Carolina soon. With all that being said,
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!

1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

What a wonderful trip! Seeing the musical" Tarzan" sounds so awesome! I love family times like these!!!